Fast, Effective Cloning of Taq-amplified PCR Products
TOPO® TA Cloning® Kits are designed for cloning PCR products directly from a PCR reaction in just 5 minutes. They use a pCR®-TOPO® Vector with covalently bound topoisomerase I for fast cloning and recombinants. pCR®-TOPO® Vectors include:
- 3´-T overhangs for direct ligation of Taq-amplified PCR products
- Choice of T7 (pCR®2.1-TOPO®) or T7 and SP6 (pCR®II-TOPO®) promoters for in vitro RNA transcription and sequencing. Each vector also contains M13 forward and reverse primer sites for sequencing.
- EcoR I sites flanking the PCR product insertion site for easy excision of inserts
- Kanamycin and ampicillin resistance genes for your choice of selection in E. coli
- Easy blue/white colony screening for selection of recombinants
Contents and Storage:
Each TOPO® TA Cloning® Kit contains linearized and topoisomerase I-activated pCR®2.1-TOPO® or pCR®II-TOPO® Vector, Salt Solution, dNTPs, Control Template and Primers, M13 Forward and Reverse Primers, One Shot® Chemically Competent or Electrocomp™ E. coli, S.O.C. Medium, and a supercoiled control plasmid. Store all other components at -20°C. All reagents are guaranteed stable for 6 months when properly stored.